Above: Nathaniel laid out on the floor and had his friends make a Magna-Tile outline around him.
This week’s art project, inspired by our lovely warm weather, is windsock. What is a windsock? It’s a decoration designed to be hung up, that sways when the wind blows. It’s sort of like a visual wind chime.
Our windsocks were made this way:
- Take a toilet paper roll, or make a cylinder out of construction paper.
- Choose your colors of crepe paper streamers. They can be all one color, several different colors, maybe make a pattern.
- Tear your streamers to about the length of your arm.
- Staple them to the top of your roll or cylinder.
- If you would like, you may also attach them at the bottom, or add more streamers that go around your roll.
- Punch two holes near the top of your roll.
- Attach a pipe cleaner or piece of yarn through the holes to make your windsock’s handle.
- Find a breezy place to hang up your windsock and admire it!